Friday, September 5, 2014

Practical Painting in the Garden


A dark yard.  No moon.  A million stars overhead, but the ground is a dark abyss.   Solution: cute little solar lights!  The less expensive (translate cheap) solar lights have a cold bluish cast.  Being the romantic that I am, I want a warm candlelight glow among the flowers.  Taking the new set of lights apart and exposing the teensy bulb, I bathed it in Sharpie marker color.  Over time I have tried yellow marker which produced a sickly greenish phosphorus color.  Then I tried red; too far on the rainbow scale.  Next was a nice rich orange and that produced the golden glow that I sought. 

Painting one-eighth inch light bulbs may not be for everybody.  For me, it provides the ambiance for those special late evening moments, “This is your last chance to go, Fido.”

No comments:

Post a Comment