Friday, September 5, 2014

Procrastinating Gemini

Recently, the local 'black and white and red all over' posted this horscope for the Gemini, "It's a dream day for artists. You'll be productive and get an audience for your work". It is not just producing art, but marketing oneself as well. Jason from Xandu says that a successful artist produces a minimum of 30-35 pieces of work, a better production rate would be a painting a week. I am a procrastiner of the worst kind. I cheat myself. I leave my work to the last, after the favors for friends, after the dishes, after I finish reading this book... Why? Fear of failure? Lazy, art is hard work? Poor time organization? I am going to take a two month study of these three barriers to productivity. Watch for results ...as soon as I finish some other stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment